Subject: Re: Apollo/HP 425T
To: None <joe@highway1.com>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
List: port-hp300
Date: 02/20/1997 16:07:07
On Thu, 20 Feb 1997 18:56:18 -0500
 joe@highway1.com (Joseph Sarkes) wrote:

 > On a related note, what type of scsi cdrom support currently
 > exists in NetBSD? I can't seem to get it to work on my scsi
 > cdrom. Is there a particular setup needed, or is it for some
 > particular cdrom drives?

In NetBSD in general, SCSI CD-ROMs are quite well supported.  In the hp300
port, which doesn't yet use the MI SCSI code, CD-ROMs are supported, but
a kludge.

I have a SCSI CD-ROM on my 380, and it works fine:

sd3 at oscsi0 targ 4 lun 0: <TOSHIBA, CD-ROM XM-3301TA, 0272> (SCSI-2)
sd3: CD-ROM, 249596 blocks, 2048 bytes/block

Note that it is reported as a "SCSI disk" ... this is the kludge I
mentioned earlier.

What sort of problems are you experiencing with yours?  Specific error
messages are helpful...

I hope to embark on a new SCSI driver "soon", but, as always, time plays
a key role... (sigh)