Subject: Re: Apollo/HP 425T
From: Joseph Sarkes <joe@highway1.com>
List: port-hp300
Date: 02/20/1997 18:56:18
Frank Bonnet wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have two HP425T which I would like to install
> with NetBSD ...
> I have virgin harddisks on it ( no O.S. ... old machines , new disks )
>
> What would be the better solution to install ?
>
> TIA
> --
> Frank

As I mentioned in one of my rambling dissertations, zip drives
(scsi version) seem to work just fine with my machines. Due to
their relatively low cost, it seems to me that if you don't have
a network to boot off of, getting someone to put a system on
a zip disk should be a pretty easy way of getting started. Then
is is just a matter of transfering the system to the boot hard
disk and off you go.

On a related note, what type of scsi cdrom support currently
exists in NetBSD? I can't seem to get it to work on my scsi
cdrom. Is there a particular setup needed, or is it for some
particular cdrom drives?
--
Joseph Sarkes              mailto:joe@highway1.com
29 Topsfield Road          http://js.ne.highway1.com