Subject: Re: Apollo/HP 425T
To: Frank Bonnet <bonnetf@bart.esiee.fr>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
List: port-hp300
Date: 02/19/1997 13:42:19
[ To port-hp300 folks... I'm _really_ beind on quite a lot of my e-mail
  at the moment, and fairly beind on most things in general, *sigh*.
  Last week+ has been pretty hectic... --thorpej ]

On Wed, 19 Feb 1997 12:25:55 MET
 Frank Bonnet <bonnetf@bart.esiee.fr> wrote:

 > I have two HP425T which I would like to install
 > with NetBSD ...
 > I have virgin harddisks on it ( no O.S. ... old machines , new disks )
 >
 > What would be the better solution to install ?

Probably the easiest is to do a network install... do you have another
system on the network that you can netboot from?  Take a look at the
NetBSD/hp300 1.2 installation notes.  They describe a "booted from
network" installation method.

I've been trying to get a new snapshot made with support for installing
from HP-IB tape, but between my extremely hectic schedule, the
fact that I had house guests for the past several days, and the
fact that I encountered a bug in SYS_INST when building a tape
for Fletcher Christian (yes, I actually built it, but was somewhat
surprised when the install from the tape failed) which I haven't been
able to track down yet (see "hectic schedule"), the snapshot just
hasn't happened yet...

Scott Reynolds is currently building a binary snapshot (thanks a million!)
which should be ready Soon.

Ciao.