Subject: Re: crash and burn (HELP!)
To: None <joe@highway1.com>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
List: port-hp300
Date: 02/17/1997 23:00:10
On Mon, 17 Feb 1997 20:12:46 -0500
 joe@highway1.com (Joseph Sarkes) wrote:

 > I have installed the NetBSD 1.2C sources and am
 > now getting panic: MMU FAULT with core dump.
 > Can anyone direct me how to supply needed info to
 > those cognizant over this problem? This happened
 > while doing make build on the source tree.

Hmm, you probably deref'd a NULL pointer in the kernel... okay, a couple
of useful bits of information.. (assume "netbsd" is the kernel, "netbsd.core"
is the crash dump image):

	- dmesg -N netbsd -M netbsd.core

	- gdb -k netbsd netbsd.core
		where

I'm assuming you don't have a kernel built with "-g" ... if you could mail
me that info, and possibly make the kernel and crash dumps available to
me, I could start tracking this down.

ciao.