Subject: SCSI Booting
To: None <port-hp300@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Nathan Gelbard <gelbard@ENGR.ORST.EDU>
List: port-hp300
Date: 02/17/1997 11:57:37
I've got an hp300 with an external SCSI disk. After it goes through its BIOS
boot sequence, and starts searching for a system, it finds my disk (which
has NetBSD 1.1 on it), and the claims 'Bad Device State.'

If I put my hand on case & terminator on the drive at the same time, it will
boot and work without any problems (I can remove my hand after it has
booted). That
is the ONLY way I can get this to boot. I've tried 3 different terminators.
The SCSI cable I'm using came from a Mac, but I think that 'SCSI is SCSI.'

Advice?

Thanx
        Nate