Subject: Re: Avail of tech. docs
To: David Elkins <>
From: Benjamin Floering <>
List: port-hp300
Date: 02/16/1997 23:16:42
> I'm new to the world of HP hardware, and I'm wondering what the available
> of HP documentation is either on the web or in print.
> Specifically, I'm interested in the specs for HP-IB. I haven't found
> anything out there on the web concerning this, but I may have skipped
> something.

You haven't skipped anything... I and various friends have been looking
for months and the closest we have come are some relatively simple
tutorials on IEEE-488.

Some references to look up would be:
- The IEEE-488 spec (order from IEEE, member's discount $35.00)
- A book by CARISTI (Name of which I forgot..  contains GPIB)
- 97089-90057  Device I/O and User Interfacing HP-UX Concepts and Tutorials
    (from HP)

Benjamin E. Floering                   Case Western Reserve University