Subject: Re: Adobe Acrobat Reader for hp300 port?
To: Wayne Crosbie <crosbie@nortel.ca>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
List: port-hp300
Date: 02/13/1997 13:18:14
On 13 Feb 1997 14:16 EST
 "Wayne Crosbie" <crosbie@nortel.ca> wrote:

 > Thanks, it compiled right up and works fine, however my HP-UX based
 > Netscape won't start it. I know my .mailcap file is being used, but I
 > wonder if it unable to fork the program. When I start Netscape I get a
 > couple "sysconf not implemented" messages. Do I need a different version
 > of the kernel other than generic?

No, GENERIC should work OK.

If you could ktrace the netscape (warning, this will make it slow :-)
and then run kdump (to produce human-readable output), you should be
able to tell what it's trying to do with the pdf viewer.  (Go ahead and
mail me the kdump output at thorpej@og.org.)

Could you also mail me the "sysconf not implemented" messages?  Those should
be easy to implement (probably), but I also need to know which sysconfs
HP-UX is expecting those numbers to return.  They should be documented in
an HP-UX header file somewhere in /usr/include... probably unistd.h.  Look
for the _SC_whatever constants.

(I'm home sick with a nasty cold today, so I could play with this a bit.)