Subject: patched gcc?
To: None <port-hp300@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Stefan Schaeckeler <schaecsn@trick.informatik.uni-stuttgart.de>
List: port-hp300
Date: 02/11/1997 13:45:06
hello

I have a question about the cooles OS: netbsd -- hmmmm, maybe linux
is as cool as netbsd, and not to forget hurd and .... anyway:

I have read some months ago that for netbsd1.1 the c compiler(gcc2.4.5)
was patched/modified. is this true? And what about netbsd1.2/gcc 2.7.2.
(at least compiling the original source of gcc2.7.2 makes a ,,diff''
with the distributed compiler (although they are compiled with the same
compiler, namely gcc2.7.2 itself). But maybe they were compiled with
different switches -O, -O2, -g etc).

My second question belongs not really to this mailing list, but maybe
someone here knows it:
Hurd is build on top of the mach kernel and since 680x0 are very common
processors I suspect that it exists for 680x0, too. So does anyone know
if there is effort to port hurd to hp300? Or are the hp300 just too
unimportant?

-- stefan