Subject: Re: SCSI
To: Jason Downs <downsj@teeny.org>
From: Elmar Kolkman <kolkmae@la1.apd.dec.com>
List: port-hp300
Date: 01/27/1997 10:57:26
> In message <9701270911.AA00539@ald2la10.apd.dec.com>,
> 	"Elmar Kolkman" writes:
> >>
> >> What happens when you pull out *all* the DCM cards?  Have you tried
> >
> >Hm. Problems all over. I *only* have DCM cards, no HIL keyboard or a screen.
> >So I need the first DCM card for the console-port. I haven't tried with only
> >1 DCM card and NO SCSI controller (so I would have only the system-,
> >interface- and 1 MUX board.
>
> Umm, your earlier mail said you have a DCA port, probably built in.  Set the
> REMOTE bit on it (can't remember how to do that on a 370) and pull out the
> last DCM.

That would be a solution, if someone could tell me.
The DCA port is located on the interface board.

> >> increasing the RAM to 16 or 32mb?
> >
> >How ? I don't have any RAM boards, only this lonely 370 ;-)
>
> Well, odds are that you're running out of memory inside the kernel.

I hope not, and if I look at the systems some others have it running on,
then my 8 Mb should be enough. Maybe someone else with a 370 could help on
this ?

					Elmar

--
Alp =	1) One of a number of ski mountains in Europe
	2) A shouted request for assistance made by a European skier in

This mail was brought to you by:

		Elmar Kolkman.

He can be reached as 'kolkmae@apd.dec.com' or 'elmar@usn.nl'