Subject: binary snapshot released
To: None <port-hp300@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@OG.ORG>
List: port-hp300
Date: 01/21/1997 03:22:09
Hi folks...

Sorry this has taken so long, but...

I've _finally_ released a binary snapshot!  :-)

Check out:

	ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/arch/hp300/snapshot/970105/
- or -
	ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/arch/hp300/prerelease/970105/

They're built from Jan 5 sources, plus the DIO-II bug fix from Klaus.

Notable is the ability from SYS_INST to load the miniroot from HP-IB
tape.  To make a tape:

	TAPE=/dev/nrct0; export TAPE
	mt rew
	dd if=SYS_INST of=$TAPE obs=20b conv=osync
	gzcat miniroot-12B.fs.gz | dd of=$TAPE obs=20b conv=osync
	mt rew

To boot the tape, reset the machine, hit the spacebar during the self-test,
and the BOOTROM should look for and find the boot program on the tape.
Use SYS_INST to partition the target disk, etc., and select tape as the
miniroot source.  The file numbers start at 1, _not_ 0!  So, in the
example above, the file number would be 2.

If you have any problems with the snapshot, please let me know!

Ok, need to get some sleep now; I'll try to answer some of the pending
questions tomorrow.

Ciao!

        -- Jason R. Thorpe <thorpej@og.org>