Subject: Re: root image of 1.2 for HPUX 8.0
To: David Brownlee <david@mono.org>
From: Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
List: port-hp300
Date: 01/14/1997 12:35:31
> On Mon, 13 Jan 1997, Felecia Vlahos wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > Does anyone know where I can get a root image of
> > NetBSD 1.2 for HPUX 8.0?
>
> 	What do you mean by a 'root image'?
>
> 	Depending on your setup you should be able to install NetBSD 1.2
> 	on an hp300 machine using the contents of
> 	ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/NetBSD-1.2/hp300/ (There is an
> 	'INSTALL' document in that directory). If you have any problems,
> 	or other questions, then just let this list know!

I think he means "FS disk image, as per the NetBSD-Alpha distribution
of rz25-image.gz".

I have to admit, such a ting would have made my life easier in the
past, as well.  I have an HP system which had an HP/UX disk with enough
room for the 80M compressed rz25 image, a tape drive I could load the
image onto tape from at work, and a tape drive for the HP machine so I
could load it in as an image on the HP disk.  Then I would:

cat image.gz | gunzip | dd obs=10240 conv=sync of=/dev/netbsd_disk.

Presto!  Installed with no network crap necessary...

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---
or previous employers.