Subject: gcc errors
To: port hp300 <port-hp300@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Andreas Brusinsky <brusinsk@ibdr.inf.tu-dresden.de>
List: port-hp300
Date: 01/09/1997 01:29:59
In my NetBSD 1.2B currently quite often this appears when I attempt to
compile some programs (e.g. cvs)
:
expect 10 shift/reduce conflicts
yacc ./getdate.y
yacc: 10 shift/reduce conflicts.
gcc  -I.. -I. -I../src  -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -g -O -c getdate.c
gcc: Internal compiler error: program cc1 got fatal signal 6
*** Error code 1

The message 'Internal compiler error' is quite frequent.

Can it be releated to an 'overtuned 68040 - I did put a 66 MHz oscillator
into it) this would be a really strange thing but who knows.

Anohter reason could be that I run a 1.2B kernel on a 1.2 system (i.e. no
other updates than the sys-tree).

I also get continuously the message "Unknown modifier 'Q'" when I attempt
to build a current NetBSD on a HP300 (sup coll.netbsd from wipux2)

Any sugestions?

	Thanks Andreas