Subject: Re: XView and XhpBSD
To: Mark Davies <mark@Comp.VUW.AC.NZ>
From: Zadok <ml@rz.uni-potsdam.de>
List: port-hp300
Date: 12/20/1996 10:39:53
On Fri, 20 Dec 1996, Mark Davies wrote:

> > So - what about the long awaited X11R6 server ? is there a kind of a
> > bug-fix for the R5 ? ( I run the only one I found: the one from the 1.0
> > distribution )
>
> You could try grabbing ftp://ftp.comp.vuw.ac.nz/pub/packages/X/Xhp300/XhpBSD.gz
> and see if that behaves any differently.  This is a statically linked binary
Hey, thanx !!! This server is:
- a lot smaller tham my old one ( about 500kB !!! )
- doesn't have the MIT-SHM extension :-(
- doesn't crash when I start the XView clock
- seems to operate a bit fasterand there seems to me some code that should
be imported into a X11R5 server source tree to compile a new server !
thanks a lot ! I'll try this, I think I have these sources somewhere on a
CD ( if you buy linux you get a lot of ftp-mirror-CD's... very useful even
for the hp :-)) ( sorry, but as I installed my PC I didn't know about
NetBSD ) )
(to Jason: why not import this server into the hp300 X11 distribution ? )

bye
Michael