Subject: new config snapshot in tree
To: None <port-hp300@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
List: port-hp300
Date: 12/17/1996 01:06:56
I've just committed my work-to-date on converting the hp300 port
to new config(8) to the tree.  If you are running diskless machines,
and want to try it out, see the NEWCONFIG kernel config file for
details on how to configure your kernel.

You'll note that it's possible in new config kernels to leave out
framebuffer drivers that you don't need.  I imagine that all
current NetBSD/hp300 systems will either use the "topcat" or "hyper"
framebuffer drivers.  If you comment the other ones out, you can
make your kernel smaller!  (Wow, that hasn't happened in a _long time_ :-)

Anyhow, HP-IB and SCSI aren't yet supported in a new config kernel.
I want to hack that in soon, but I'm not making any promises.

Anyhow, play around with it, and if you have any problems with new
or old config kernels, let me know.