Subject: more than terminator resistor problems
To: port hp300 <port-hp300@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Andreas Brusinsky <brusinsk@ibdr.inf.tu-dresden.de>
List: port-hp300
Date: 12/12/1996 11:35:56
Yesterday night came one setting in my mind which I hadn't tested
before. I do have these three other disks in a box that seem to
work well. So I thought that the box might be internally terminated if
there are three disks in it. But this is not quite right.

If I put one of the three disks into another box and connect it to the first
and put the Quantum instead of the other disk into the first box it
works, if I do not connect the second box then it doesnt. So
probably I wasted my energy on the wrong side the last 4 days.

Anyway what I would like to make sure now is that the HP-Disk box is
terminated properly. I do have an external terminator that can be plugged
into the open interface scket.
Is this sufficient?

Does anyone exactly know how to terminate those boxes?

	Thanks  	Andreas