Subject: Re: Status of SCSI SYS_INST?
To: None <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
From: Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
List: port-hp300
Date: 12/10/1996 14:55:32
>  > Also: I suspect that maybe my machine was an upgraded 300 as well;
>  > that would explain a lot.  How do you tell if it's an upgrade box
>  > or not?  It may be that only upgrade boxes have the problem...
>
> Upgraded how?  Mine has an "upgraded to 380" sticker on it :-)  The
> hp300 upgrades typically involve a full-blown mainboard swap, with
> the exception of 400 -> 425 or 345/375 -> 380, which is the L-board
> hack :-)

Someone was talking about an upgrade to a 68040 (3xx->4xx, right?)
that seemed to match my hardware.

Remember the discrepancy between the ROM information and the case
appearance when we first discussed the SYS_INST not running at
all (turned out to be pilot error on my part)?

I'm sure I have a working video card, but have an '040.  Anyway, it
smacks of "upgrade"... 8-(.

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---