Subject: Re: Status of SCSI SYS_INST? The 1.2 SYS_INST? seems to work for me...
To: None <port-hp300@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Michael Joosten <joost@c-lab.de>
List: port-hp300
Date: 12/10/1996 02:15:24
>Hmmm, sure looks like it works. My setup is a 345 with a C3725S 2Gb
>spindle at target 0, and an MO at target 1. I boot from the MO, and
>can choose neither the MO or the C3725S to disklabel. Interestingly,
>the MO is a Sony SMO-650 that is intrinsically EDSI, and has a
>SCSI<->ESDI wart on it, too.

Funnyyyy... So I went out and grabbed some disks, even a SMO-C501, a
MicroScience 660MB/SCSI 1, IBM 0663 and a Seagate Barracuda 32550N, and they
all worked with SYS_INST - that is, disklabel recognizes them and reads the 512
bytes. Haven't tried writing the label with all of them, though. With or
without terminator, of course 8-)  Wierd....

Michael