Subject: Re: Installation via Network
To: Rainer Kopietz <rainer@hathor.free.de>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
List: port-hp300
Date: 12/06/1996 22:34:14
[ Sorry for the delay.  I'm very behind on my mail... ]

On Fri, 06 Dec 1996 10:48:18 +0100
 Rainer Kopietz <rainer@hathor.free.de> wrote:

 > > 	When the screen goes blank it probably means that your gfx card is
 > > not supported.  I *think* that unless it says something like "bit mapped
 > > graphics at console" or something similar it won't work... I'm told that
 > > any card in the SCG slot doesn`t work...

framebuffers on the SGC bus don't work.  There is no SGC support at all.
Also, there are some hp300s (the 382?) which use VGA.  These also do
not work.

 > when it runs its selftest it says "bit mapped video" and I read on the
 > datasheet that it has a PCA CPU monocrome board. Is it known to work?

If you have a framebuffer at all, the ROM calls it "bit mapped video".

Can you boot with a serial console?