Subject: Re: Installation via Network
To: None <port-hp300@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Rainer Kopietz <rainer@hathor.free.de>
List: port-hp300
Date: 12/04/1996 23:09:01
scottr@Plexus.COM said:
> You might consider acquiring the NetBSD rbootd and using that,
> instead, as it has a workaround for this problem.  The source is
> already packaged up and in the NetBSD-1.2/hp300/install directory of
> the NetBSD ftp archive.

Thanks, I tried NetBSD's rbootd and the 425e gave me a menu of bootable
systems. Unfortunately the screen got blank when I choosed SYS_INST or
SYS_NBOOT.

Is it necessary to have a harddrive connected or are there other possible
sources of errors? (I have a Domain/OS keyboard connected to it and I read
that they are not fully supported. Does this mean I can't use it at all?)

Thank you for your patience with a NetBSD newbie!

Rainer

Rainer Kopietz
rainer@free.de
http://fsinfo.informatik.uni-dortmund.de/~rainer