Subject: Kernel Options
To: port hp300 <port-hp300@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Andreas Brusinsky <brusinsk@ibdr.inf.tu-dresden.de>
List: port-hp300
Date: 12/03/1996 14:48:31
What is the minimum set of otions to produce a runnig
diskless kernel. I attempted to comment out some
FILESYSTEMS, COMPAT, DDB settings and the EXEC_AOUT setting,
did the config.old and make depend but make failed then
because of missing functions.

So is there a list of REAL options and/or minimal options(e.g. no support
for local devices except le0,CPU,FPU,console(grafical),mouse and keyboard,
no debug, no monitoring, no traceing, no filesystems, settings in
kernel config files.

I would like to make an hp360 with just 8 MB to become a fairly good
Xterm and so use just the Network interface and deliver all other demands
to a server.( just a kind of 'Network Computer').

There should also be no connections into it and no terminal support except
those for X.

So maybe someone could provide a CONFIG sample like DISKLESS-XCLIENT
or something like that.

	Thank you 	A.