Subject: Re: X11R6 make
To: None <>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Holo.Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: port-hp300
Date: 11/25/1996 13:45:02
> I don't know how far the X11R6.1 server for hp300 is, but I'm
> currently attempting to compile it without any new code in it.

Good luck. :-/  I built X11R6.1 for NetBSD/sun3, and some of the
problems I had were not Sun-specific.

I'll be glad to send the TRANSCRIPT file, which goes into detail about
what I ran into and what I did about it, to anyone interested.
However, it's rather large and I've already splattered it across a
NetBSD list once, so I'd rather send it on private request.

> The thing that makes now more problems is the compilation of the xdm
> In its files is a crypt function that can't be found in the combining
> of the .o files.

The command isn't providing -lcrypt.  This is due to some braindamage
in the config; X11R6.1 works on NetBSD out-of-the-box only on the i386.
There are places where it says XFree86 when it means NetBSD or when it
means something more like HasLibCrypt....

					der Mouse

		     01 EE 31 F6 BB 0C 34 36  00 F3 7C 5A C1 A0 67 1D