Subject: Re: st: wrong parameters
To: Michael Lorenz <ml@persius.rz.uni-potsdam.de>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
List: port-hp300
Date: 10/08/1996 07:48:22
On Tue, 8 Oct 1996 11:32:00 +0100
 ml@persius.rz.uni-potsdam.de ( Michael Lorenz) wrote:

 > I have a very similar problem with my 345... however, my disk is a
 > quantum lightning 540 which is on some kind of blacklist, something
 > like 'doesn`t run on hp 9000/300, no one knows why' ... the controller
 > simply doesn`t recognize the disk.
 > So, if this problem gets solved, I would be *very* intrested...

I had a similar problem with a Lightning 730S.  Apparently, these
Quantum drives are notorious for not obeying the SCSI spec ...

Unfortunately, the drive was borrowed from a friend, and it went back
before I had a change to find the problem.

One thing I often used to work around the lossage; if the BOOTROM pokes
for a boot program on the disk, NetBSD can find it... "hmm..."