Subject: Re: st: wrong parameters
To: Seandog <spberry@image1.ansci.iastate.edu>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
List: port-hp300
Date: 10/06/1996 20:13:04
On Sun, 6 Oct 1996 18:59:12 -0500 (CDT)
 Seandog <spberry@image1.ansci.iastate.edu> wrote:

 > I recently bought another SCSI disk to put on my 340.  I then looked at the
 > scsi disks I was having problems getting recognized.  Seems that whether
 > the disk spins up automagically or needs the adapter to tell it to determines
 > whether the kernel will probe it correctly.

That makes sense... The hp300 SCSI code (which, well, sucks :-) doesn't
send a START UNIT command.  Actually, that shouldn't be that hard to
add... As soon as I pop some of these SYS_UBOOT/SYS_INST changes I'm
making off my stack, I'll take a look at adding that...

Tom Malaher and Herb Peyerl mentioned this problem (st: wrong paramters)
to me about 2 weeks ago ... I simply hadn't had time to look at it in
detail yet.

If anyone's interested in taking a crack at fixing it, contact me
via private e-mail (at thorpej@netbsd.org, please), and I can point
you in the right direction.