Subject: Re: bootstrapping 425t problems
To: None <bert@xpilot.org>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
List: port-hp300
Date: 10/04/1996 16:40:04
On Fri, 4 Oct 1996 13:41:28 +0200 (METDST)
 bert@xpilot.org wrote:

 > I have two rbootds configured, one on a SGI Indy and one on a HP-UX 10.01,
 > but neither respond.  What is going wrong?  The 425t boot revision is:
 >
 >     BOOTROM Rev. 3.0  11 Apr 91
 >     MD11 REV 3.0 1991/03/25.17:03:08

IRIX has an rbootd?  Wow!  :-)

On the HP-UX system, you'll have to configure the HP-UX rbootd to respond
to boot requests for the hp300 systype.  I've never configured rbootd
under HP-UX, so I don't know how you do that :-)  The "HP Clustered
Environment" documentation should have some info... I have no idea
about rbootd under IRIX.

As for installing directly to SCSI disk from another system, I wrote
a utility to do that _ages_ ago for NetBSD 1.0.  In a nutshell, it
wrote a BSD disklabel and root filesystem to the disk.  I lost the
source for it soon thereafter, and haven't had time to write a new
one.  If you're interested in doing this, contact me privately, and
I can tell you what needs to be done... It'd be cool to that a
tool like that in the tree...