Subject: disklabel probelm
To: None <port-hp300@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Chris Trown <ctrown@ecst.csuchico.edu>
List: port-hp300
Date: 09/27/1996 16:56:57
     Hello all.

     I have a system with two HP-IB disks on it.  Both are on the same HP-IB
chain.  That is, they are both on the samephysical wire chain.

     I am trying to put a new disklabel on one of the disks in prepearation for
installing NetBSD 1.2.

     Whenever I try to use disklabel, I get:

disklabel: /dev/rrd4c: Device not configured

     I have tried:

disklabel -w -r /dev/rrd2c rd7958b snorch
disklabel -e -r /dev/rrd2c rd7958b snorch
disklabel -w -r /dev/rrd2c rd7958b
disklabel -w -r /dev/rrd2c rd7958b
disklabel -e -r rd2

     Plus various permutaions of these commands.  Everything I try produces the
same result.  Here are the drives and their select codes:

7958B		2
7962B 		0

     The system is currently running off the 7962B.

     Is this disk toast?  How can I find out what devices the kernel sees?

     Thanks for your time.

Chris...

+         Chris Trown	    + 	   CSRV Monkey Suit   	|       Fly low	      +
+ ctrown@ecst.csuchico.edu  +	      worn under	|      and avoid      +
+   KD6EVS | '92 CBR600F2   +  	       PROTEST!  	|      the radar      +