Subject: keyboard problems w/ 1.2_BETA on 433t
To: None <port-hp300@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Klaus Klein <kleink@uni-trier.de>
List: port-hp300
Date: 09/24/1996 14:00:47
Hi,

I finally got my HP-HIL keyboard today (to replace the Apollo one).
Navigating through the latest 1.2_BETA SYS_INST was no problem, but after
booting the kernel off the miniroot, I only get garbage on the ite when
pressing keys (i.e., [RETURN] gets mapped to "H^@^@^@?/").

The keyboard gets identified as

        hil1: US ASCII keyboard

It is a german one, but after having a glimpse at -current sources,
I think this isn't the source of the problem, since a) I have no reason
to believe that there are Really Big Differences (tm) between the
mappings, and b) SYS_INST works perfectly. Unplugging the mouse didn't
help, either.

..any ideas ?

TIA,

--
               Klaus Klein   __/__/   University of Trier, Germany
      kleink@uni-trier.de   __/__/   Computing Center