Subject: Re: install problems on potential 433t [SOLVED]
To: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
From: Klaus Klein <kleink@uni-trier.de>
List: port-hp300
Date: 09/21/1996 12:26:42
On Fri, 20 Sep 1996 15:16:42 -0700,
 Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov> wrote:

> > [problems with rbootd]

> What version of NetBSD is running on your SPARC system?  Hmm, it could
> be a structure packing difference on the SPARC, which would lead to
> problems with rbootd.

Well, I already thought of that :-

As it turned out some minutes ago, my SUP had not upgraded rbootd when
it was changed after 1.1 (around 1995/11/14), although I have
allsrc-current. I didn't have the time for a complete analysis yet,
but, as a side-effect, I know the FreeBSD-2.1.5R version does not
work, either; I'll suggest them to upgrade.

Thanks,

--
               Klaus Klein   __/__/   University of Trier, Germany
      kleink@uni-trier.de   __/__/   Computing Center