Subject: upgrade of netbsd question
To: netbsd HP <port-hp300@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Tony Povoas <tony@ing.iac.es>
List: port-hp300
Date: 09/18/1996 16:36:13
Following the recent discussion on the list about installation media now
might be my opportunity to slip in a novice question.

I've been successfully running NetBSD1.0 on my HP 400 for quite some time
now and with
version 1.2 due out soon I was considering upgrading. I've just read the
installation notes for 1.1 and failed to understand whether I will be
able to upgrade without either a tape drive or a system running HPUX.

Does the 1.1/1.2 upgrade program just run on my current 1.0 system and
install a new boot image/kernel/filesystem or do I have to try to go
through booting SYS_INST again [ I've moved from the site where I had
access to HPUX ]. ( I can get hold of a release using ftp ).

Sorry if this is in the documentation and I've just failed to understand
it, perhaps it could be made clearer??

Thanks for any advice.

Tony
Tony Povoas			email: tony@ing.iac.es