Subject: Re: NetBSD to HP9000/340 (fwd)
To: Tommi Kangasaho <cctoka@tit.fi>
From: Herb Peyerl <hpeyerl@beer.org>
List: port-hp300
Date: 07/23/1996 08:49:19
Tommi Kangasaho <cctoka@tit.fi>  wrote:
 > > - HP98625B High-Speed HP-IB Interface

I didn't think the 340 had hs-hpib... But then I'm not a pro...

 > > - HP98643 LAN interface, maybe wrecked?

"maybe wrecked"? If it's wrecked, it's definitely not worth $300...

 > > - 2 x 304M

at least it comes with some disk even if they're slower than molasses..

 > I think that means machine have HP-IB interface, but this odd 7963B in some=
 >  kind of SCSI adapter which can connect SCSI-drives to HP-IB channel?

to my knowledge, the disks inside an hpib box are ESDI or MFM but not SCSI.
If you want to do SCSI on a 340, you need to get a SCSI card.  The 340 has
one slot..

 > Is this supported in latest release of NetBSD?

It'll run NetBSD just fine... 8mb is a little shy for running X though...

 > > Monitori
 > > - 98788A Monochrome
 > > - 19"
 > > - 1280x1024 dots
 > > - refresh rate 60 Hz
 > > - scan rate 63.3 kHz
 > > - paino 22 kg
 >
 > And are these monitor supported?

Yup. that one should with with the card in that 340...