Subject: Re: USELEDS
To: Mike Hibler <mike@fast.cs.utah.edu>
From: Scott Reynolds <scottr@plexus.com>
List: port-hp300
Date: 05/28/1996 23:10:10
On Tue, 28 May 1996, Mike Hibler wrote:

> > Would anyone be offended if "options USELEDS" went away and became
> > the default?
>
> I ifdef'ed it in the first place because some machines (320/350/370/etc.)
> have the LEDs on the CPU board and they aren't all that visible from the
> outside.  That and maybe some people just don't care about lights and don't
> want to pay the overhead to "run" them (though I suspect the overhead is
> really negligible...)

The overhead may be negligible, but on the other hand, on my old slow 340s
it would be nice to know that I'm squeezing as many cycles out of the
machine as I can.  How about reversing the name/meaning of the option, and
adjusting the #if's appropriately, to be able to specify an option to turn
them off?

--scott