Subject: Series 400 newbie!
To: None <port-hp300@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Matt Greaves <M.J.Greaves@lboro.ac.uk>
List: port-hp300
Date: 05/16/1996 08:35:16
Hi,

I have just been given a couple of Series 400 machines, with 8MB RAM and
around 200MB HD space each. They came installed with Domain OS and no
instructions!!! I've only used HP and SUN unix previously, and in trying to
get to grips with the commands, I managed to type...wait for it......dlt
/com.

I'm now left with a choice, try and recover the DOmain OS, or try
installing NetBSD. Hence my question is will NetBSD run on these machines?
I have read the readme, and it mentions the ROMs being in HP-UX mode (I
think I know how to do this), and that the keyboard doesn't work.

Is this the case? Is there an easy work around? Will any keyboard work? If
so how much and where from?

I'd appreciate ANY information / advice you can give me about NetBSD and
these machines.

Sorry to ask such basic questions, but we've all got to start somewhere!

Cheers

Matt Greaves