Subject: Re: ppp Questions
To: Watta Louis <05000DAC@mx.pacific.gtegsc.com>
From: Andrew Carey <careya@peak.org>
List: port-hp300
Date: 05/13/1996 18:07:44
Watta Louis <05000DAC@MX.PACIFIC.GTEGSC.COM> wrote:
> I also have access to a mux card with 4 serial ports, Would I be better off
> using that card or the standard serial port on the interface card.

I'd recommend using the mux (dcm) if you have a hp300 lower than a 380 (and
even then..).  Using a plug-in dca board (98644A, same as the internal
serial port), I got numerous silo overflows and max throughput of around
120 bytes/sec.

Once I replaced the board with a dcm, all of my problems basically
disappeared.

Andy Carey         | "HP-IB: Not just IEEE-488, but the hardware,
careya@peak.org    | documentation and support that delivers the shortest
careya@bofh.org.uk | path to a computation system."
O-                 | - Footnote from the HP 7957A/7958A Owners Manual