Subject: HP 9000/425e
To: None <port-hp300@NetBSD.ORG>
From: William Young <young@zeus.clas.suffolk.edu>
List: port-hp300
Date: 05/06/1996 02:52:10
	Hi,
	I've been watching this list for a couple months because I have a 425e
with no OS.  Earlier today I tried booting SYS_INST from a wangtek 3400
(DDS-2).  It seemed to read the tape fine, but I got a blank screen when
it was done.  From what I've heard on this list this is because the frame
buffer of my video card is unsupported (by SYS_INST?).  I am wondering
whether I have any ways around this problem.  Can I use a serial console
for instance?  Or can I use a disk image ( I have a quantum 425S)?  And
lastly, if I can get around the installation problems, does X11 support
my video card?
	Please tell me anything you can, since this machine is making a real
lousy paper-weight at the moment.
	Thanks,
	-Will Young
	young@clas.suffolk.edu