Subject: Re: two pointing devices?
To: Michael Wolfson <mw34@cornell.edu>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
List: port-hp300
Date: 05/05/1996 10:10:24
On Sun, 5 May 1996 11:48:21 -0400
 mw34@cornell.edu (Michael Wolfson) wrote:

 > I just inherited a HIL graphics tablet (46087A) and I can't seem to get X
 > to be happy with the tablet and my mouse.  It will only recognize one at a
 > time (and I have to restart X when I swap).
 >
 > As I understand it, under HP-UX you just link the correct /dev/hil# with
 > /dev/mouse and /dev/tablet, but I only see a /dev/locator.
 >
 > Is this possible under NetBSD 1.1?

Unfortunately, the HIL driver as it exists in NetBSD can only handle one
keyboard/pointer.  I've been working on this; this is something that will
get fixed when the port goes to new config.

 > BTW, if anyone has any suggestions on how to use (or of what use I could
 > make) a "Button Box" (32 button 46086A) or a 9 knob "Control Dials Module"
 > (46085A) I'd be grateful.  They're also both HIL devices.

Hmm ... well, could just see what kind of signals they produce, and then
come up with a creative application ... I think it's kind of cool having
a computer that was designed with test equipment in mind :-)

----save the ancient forests - http://www.bayarea.net/~thorpej/forest/----