Subject: hp 98782A monitor
To: None <port-hp300@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Bartholomew Niswonger <bniswong@midway.uchicago.edu>
List: port-hp300
Date: 03/14/1996 13:14:41
Hello, can anyone tell me more information about these monitors?

That is the hp 98782A monitor.

I have a friend who was in the right place at the right time, and was
given 10 of these monitors, which were slated to be tossed.  They all
seems to work, or at least he has been told they do.  The problem is,
neither he nor I know what the inputs in the back are!  We know that
they are rgb and sync, but we dont know what sync!  I assume they are
like sun monitors, where they are a fixed frequency, and therefore
fixed resolution, but does any one know if these work with sun
machines (like a sun3/60) or what their resolution is?  1152x900 is
the sun's.  Does anyone know the worth of these monitors?  They are
all Sony Triniton tubes, and 19/20 inches.  The same sun monitor goes
for $400 these days, it would be nice if these could work with suns :)

Thanks very much in advance!

Bart Niswonger

   Bartholomew Niswonger
   bniswong@midway.uchicago.edu               Voice:..........312.955.2746

   CS Student...............University of Chicago
   Programmer...............Biological Sciences Division/Academic Computing
   Projects.................CGI/HTML & Databases
   OS of choice.............NetBSD {Amiga, hp300, i386}