Subject: Re: kernel builds
To: Scott Reynolds <scottr@plexus.com>
From: David Carrel <carrel@cisco.com>
List: port-hp300
Date: 03/13/1996 12:10:00
> There's nothing particularly evil about just specifying the argument and
> then not using it in the assembly code, either, is there?

No, I thought of doing that in my tree.  But the problem is then someday
someone will go to use that second arg and they'll be very surprised when
it doesn't work right.  Seems to me it's better to be incomplete (ie not
have the prototytpe) that to seem complete, but have a broken
implementation.

I haven't looked, but do any of the other m68k ports have a longjmp
implementation that can be used?  Maybe sys/systm.h should include
machine/systm.h and have the kernel longjmp prototyped there.

Dave (trying to be a purist today ;-)