Subject: Re: saw this whilst compiling a -current kernel over nfs
To: Sean Berry (most of the time) <spberry@iastate.edu>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
List: port-hp300
Date: 02/26/1996 17:42:01
On Mon, 26 Feb 1996 18:51:22 CST
 Sean Berry (most of the time) <spberry@iastate.edu> wrote:

 > That in fact was the problem.  (mycroft corrected it in private mail)
 > I don't want to imagine what it will take to bootstrap this to current,
 > ( a kernel must take at least four hours ).  Are there binary distributions
 > of -current put up for the hp300 port?  Would it be possible to compile up
 > the preconfigured kernels for 1.1 and have them either be part of the
 > distribution, or easily accessed somewhere?  I'd do it, but I have yet to
 > find a disk for my machine, and over NFS it compiles sloooowly.  :)

Yah, I think it's high-time I did a binary snapshot (there hasn't been
one since 1.1 was released).  I will try *very* hard to do one this
week, but looking at my calendar, it looks like I'll be pretty busy.

If someone else wants to volunteer to do one, I would *really* appreciate
the help, and will gladly offer guidance through the process.