Subject: weirdness...
To: None <port-hp300@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Herb Peyerl <hpeyerl@beer.org>
List: port-hp300
Date: 02/23/1996 10:14:54
While stripping my stack of 310's of useful parts this morning, I ran
into a different cpu board... I've never seen one of these before and
I can't figure out what it is...

It's got an 030@16, an empty socket next to it presumably for an FPU
but it's a J-lead socket which I've never seen... It has on-board mono
display, hpib, serial and hil... the usual 8 led's, and 2 daughterboards
with 2MB each on them...

My initial guess was a 360-like thing but it doesn't look anything like
my 360... It's not a 340 even though it's the same speed/cpu because
it doesn't have the same memory or even form-factor... Looking through
hp300/machdep.c doesn't provide any additional clue.  There appears
to be 64k of 100ns something on the mainboard... cache?

Anyway, if anyone has any idea what this is, I'd be curious to know...

Oh, also... Does anyone know what the DIO ram-boards (like those found
in 310's) can be used with? I tried to put them in the expansion chassis
of my wimpy little 16MB 360 at various dipswitch settings but didn't
get anywhere... It's slow but I've got 24mb of it and I'd dearly love to
put some of it to use somewhere...

Well I'm just playing around so none of this is important...

H.