Subject: Re: HP/Apollo Question
To: None <port-hp300@NetBSD.ORG, tmac@home.glasscity.net>
From: David Alan Gilbert <gilbertd@cs.man.ac.uk>
List: port-hp300
Date: 02/21/1996 13:32:48
Hi Tom,
  You can boot 340's remotely - it works and works well - but....
We have had hte problem that when rbootd is running on the server the
server crawls to a halt (oops - rbootd is the bit which sends the
HP specific boot loader).
We are trying to get a discless 340 to boot off a discfull 340; unfortunatly
running rbootd on the discfull 340 causes it to start running so slowly it
misses keyboard characters.  That shouldn't be a problem if your
network is lightly loaded but ours is full to overflowing.

(P.S. Would anyone have a clue as to why we can't write to files in /tmp
on our remote booted 340; we can create files but not write to them!)

Cheers,

Dave