Subject: Newbie on the HP port
To: None <port-hp300@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Steve Roberts <steve@rsp.com.au>
List: port-hp300
Date: 02/06/1996 23:15:56
Howdy all,

I have just been through and installed Version 1.1.

Now I am at the stage on configuring the network setup as specified in the
installation notes. I have been trying to change the terminal type to a
vt100 with any luck. I used 'export TERM=vt100; tset' without any luck. The
environment variable says it's a vt100 but the control characters I see on
the dca serial connection are definately of the HP derivitive.

Any ideas ???.

Another one is the installation notes say to edit the file '/etc/ttys' and
change the line that references the console. For the serial connection on
the process module (I have worked out that this port is named the dca) it
says to change the entry to /dev/tty0. But I look at the /etc/ttys file and
the only line I can see that I believe references this is :=

        console "/usr/libexec/getty Pc"     hp300h on secure

I remember changing this line before and ended up not being able to login to
the machine ???.

Any ideas on this one ???

All help will be appreciated !.

Steve.

Steve Roberts                                           steve@rsp.com.au
Rising Sun Pictures P/L                               Tel - 618 364 6074
42 High Street                                        Fax - 618 361 2298
KENSINGTON    SA    5068                          http://www.rsp.com.au/