Subject: Re: rbootd for FreeBSD
To: Scott Reynolds <scottr@plexus.com>
From: Frank Bartels <knarf@camelot.de>
List: port-hp300
Date: 02/02/1996 01:30:35
Heya!

Scott Reynolds wrote:

> Well, now that my mistake is enshrined in the mailing list archives, you
> might want to try this one instead.  (The patch I had found was against
> an interim version of rbootd I had been working on.  *sigh*)  Notice that
> this is simpler code. :-)

Great, it works! THANK YOU!

But I still cannot complete my installation:

Now I am able to load and run SYS_INST and SYS_NBOOT. I think I don't
need SYS_INST, because I have no local disk attached to the hp. Running
SYS_NBOOT always tells me:

No response for RARP request
le(0,0,0,0): Unknown error: code 60

but `tcpdump rarp' on the network says:

01:21:20.993914 rarp who-is artus.camelot.de tell artus.camelot.de

...so rarpd seems to work (it does work for my diskless sun4s).

Any ideas?

Bye,
Knarf
--
  Frank Bartels   |UUCP/ZModem/Fax: + 49 89 5469593| "Captain, why not just
 knarf@camelot.de |  http://www.camelot.de/~knarf/ | give the Borg Windows?"