Subject: 1.1 on 9000/319
To: None <port-hp300@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Matthew W. Bartels <mbartels@wwa.com>
List: port-hp300
Date: 12/08/1995 14:00:32
Smart People,
	I am trying to install NetBSD 1.1 onto a 319 with a 7958A disk.
I have gotten the miniroot copied onto the disk, and can use the "boot"
command in SYS_INST to start it.... only problem is, I get db>, after

nfs_boot: using network interface 'le0'
panic: revarp failed, error=51
Stopped at     _Debugger+0x6:  unlk   a6
db>

What is going on here?   Whay does it need to nfs_boot after I have
copied the miniroot to the disk?  I thought that was the point...
Also, what's this about revarp?  Is it trying to figure out what it's IP
address should be by examining the arp table of my nfs server (netware
NFS 1.2a, old but it works)

Anyway, I'm using the inst-11.fs.gz as found in
/NetBSD/NetBSD-1.1/hp300/install of ftp.netbsd.org, which is labeled
NetBSD 1.1_ALPHA (GENERIC) #3: Thu Nov 16 18:45:14 PST 1995

Please respond here or to mbartels@wwa.com, I will be much thankful...

-Matt Bartels