Subject: Re: Welcome to port-hp300
To: None <Antti.Miettinen@ntc.nokia.com>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
List: port-hp300
Date: 11/07/1995 08:24:25
On Tue, 7 Nov 95 16:17:20 +0200
 amiettin@trshp.trs.ntc.nokia.com wrote:

 > According to my information one needs at least a HIL keyboard and the
 > PROM has to be configured to HPUX mode. A fellow here tried it on the
 > 425e but the boot hung soon after it had correctly told what hardware
 > and partitions are present. I have not yet tried the 400t.

Should work.  The 425e is sort of a strange breed of cat, and that's the
one you'll have problems with if you're going to have problems.  Are you
netbooting?

 > The only binary distribution I could find was 1.0. Should we look for
 > a newer distribution?

Yah.  1.0 isn't terribly conducive to bootstrapping.  I'm going to be
uploading a 1.1_ALPHA pre-release install set today.  If you have the
ability to netboot, you'll want to give that a try.  I'll post when it's
uploaded.