Subject: New binary snapshot
To: None <port-hp300@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
List: port-hp300
Date: 10/25/1995 22:47:06
There is a new binary snapshot up for FTP in:

	ftp://ftp.NetBSD.ORG/pub/NetBSD/arch/hp300/

A pre-release is up for FTP in:

	ftp://ftp.NetBSD.ORG/pub/NetBSD/arch/hp300/pre-release/

Folks who are needing miniroot's:  I really haven't had the chance to
make a new one yet.  We're in the middle of a very busy and stressful
contractor transition, that, unfortunately, fell just before the release.

Attached below is the README from the snapshot area.  If you have any
questions, please let me know.

NOTE: I'm going to be on travel from the evening of the 26th until
November 1st.  I may have occasional access to my e-mail, but I can't
make any promises.

-----cut here-----
						October 21, 1995

This is a binary snapshot of NetBSD/hp300, built with NetBSD 1.1_ALPHA sources
from October 21, 1995.

The tar files have been made relative to `/'.  Make sure that you use this
command when extracting the tar files:

	# tar --unlink -zxvpf tarball.tar.gz

If you do not use the `--unlink' option, certain files may not get installed.
(/sbin/init and /usr/bin/tar are good examples).  You probably don't want
to extract `etc.tar.gz'.  It will zap any local changes you have in /etc.
However, you may want to extract it in another area, and merge any changes
that might have occurred in the system startup files manually.  One
important difference you should note: the `ufs' fstypes in /etc/fstab
should be replaced with `ffs' once the new mount and mount_ffs have been
installed.

There are pre-release binaries (except the `secr' set) in the `pre-release'
subdirectory.  They are the same binaries, but packaged in the format the
release will use.

Folks have been wanting miniroot images for a while, and I hope to have
a miniroot built and up for FTP soon.  My schedule has been extremely
packed lately.  I will make every effort to have updated install notes
and a miniroot up for FTP by November 4th.

Remember, you're using this binary snapshot at your own risk.  Having said
that, I'm successfully running these very same binaries on both my hp380
and hp319.  If you have any problems with the snapshot, please feel free to
send questions/comments to port-hp300@NetBSD.ORG.  I'm usually pretty busy,
and if you send your question to the mailing list, it might get answered by
someone else before I get a chance to.  :-)

Enjoy!
Jason R. Thorpe <thorpej@NetBSD.ORG>