Subject: Re: Netboot problems
To: None <port-hp300@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Frode Vatvedt Fjeld <frodef@stud.cs.uit.no>
List: port-hp300
Date: 09/07/1995 12:26:03
> either got a garbage packet from the NFS server, or there's no permission
> for the client to mount swap.  Check your exports file ... make sure that
> the client has permission to mount _all_ directories on the filesystem.

I tried to import the root and swap from a different machine (solaris)
and it worked. So I guess you were right that the problem was nfs
permissions. I'll try some more to make the hp425/NetBSD export
correctly.

What puzzles me is that we tried to check if this was the problem
by mounting the dirs in question on another host.
On the hp425 (server), we assigned the hp300 (diskless) /export/testbed/root as
root-dir, and /export/testbed/swap as the swapfile (a 16Mb nullfile).

We could mount both /export/testbed/root and /export/testbed on other
hosts.

Have I misunderstood something, or do the hp425 with a current kernel
and binaries (from sept. 3) have problems with the nfs-exporting?

Anyways, our diskless hp300s are up and running now, so I want to
give Jason Thorpe and everyone else who contributed to this one
more big thank you.

--
Frode Fjeld        e-mail..: frodef@stud.cs.uit.no
                   WWW.....: http://www.cs.uit.no/~frodef/frodef.html