Subject: diskless hp340
To: None <port-hp300@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Bartholomew Niswonger <bniswong@midway.uchicago.edu>
List: port-hp300
Date: 08/03/1995 02:15:27
Hello, I am getting a hp340 with no disk.  My log term goals are to
play with this box, it was cheap, and I want to play with networking,
so it seemed like a good idea.  Right now I am trying to figure out
how to get a disk and os onto it.  I dont know if it has a floppy
drive, but it definately has a scsi port and no hard drive.

I am running netbsd on an amiga, so I thought perhaps I could compile
the kernel and all on that, and somehow get it into the hp.  The
problem is a) how do I do the cross compile?  b) how do I get it into
the hp?

Any ideas or help would be most appreciated.

tools at my disposal are:

Amiga (68040) w/ IDE drive and floppy running netbsd
	serial, parallel
486 w/ IDE/eIDE drives and floppies running linux
	serial, parallel, ethernet, hub

Thanks in advance for any ideas

Bart Niswonger

   Bartholomew Niswonger
   bniswong@midway.uchicago.edu               Voice:..........312.288.8184
								  955.2746
   Computer Programmer......University of Chicago
                            Biological Sciences Division/Academic Computing
   Projects.................CGI/HTML & Databases
   OS of choice.............NetBSD/Amiga-1.0A