Subject: dca for slip/ppp
To: None <port-hp300@NetBSD.ORG>
From: David Lohmann <lohmann@elbert.uccs.edu>
List: port-hp300
Date: 02/17/1995 08:55:56
I have been toying with the idea of using some old HP9000/340's for slip or
ppp dialins.  I would have to use the builtin dca.  Does anyone know if the
dca support under NetBSD makes this worth considering?

If so, does anyone have any suggestions/experience along the lines of:

     supported and/or maximum baud rates (14.4, 28.8, 19.2?)

     supported and/or suggested modem types (Hayes-compatible, Telebit?)

     any particular cable requirements

Any information you can share would be greatly appreciated.

Dave Lohmann
Systems Administrator
Computer Science Department
University of Colorado at Colorado Springs