Subject: HP310 config question...
To: None <port-hp300@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Stephen Tedder <stedder@tulsix.utulsa.edu>
List: port-hp300
Date: 11/11/1994 14:05:53
I have an HP 9000/310 with 3 Mbytes of RAM, the FPU board,
and a 10 Mbyte 9153 disk drive. Currently Basic 5.1 is installed
on this turkey. It has the Rev A Boot ROM.

Is this configuration suitable to run NetBSD or should I consider
adding more RAM and a bigger disk drive? I believe this stuff
is readily available on the surplus market these days. The 310 can only
be expanded to 7.5 Mbytes, would that be a comfortable amount
to run NetBSD? The 310 can also be upgraded to a 320 or 330--
would that be a more reasonable way to go?

Finally, where is the current version of the HP 300 release
located? I didn't see it at the Iowa State ftp site.
--
Steve Tedder stedder@tulsix.utulsa.edu