Subject: Re: state of play with HP300 port?
To: Andrew MacIntyre <andymac@happy.dotc.gov.au>
From: jason downs <downsj@CSOS.ORST.EDU>
List: port-hp300
Date: 07/20/1994 16:50:49
In message <199407202329.QAA09702@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>,
	Andrew MacIntyre writes:
>As a newcomer to this list, would someone mind summarising the current
>state of the HP300 port of NetBSD for me.
>
>I am interested in changing an old HP360, currently running HP-UX 8.0,
>to NetBSD. The system has 16MB of RAM, a 16" colour monitor & graphics
>adapter (don't remember the adapter model #), 9144 tape drive and 7958
>drive (bit small I know :-()

we've got NetBSD/hp300 running on ~3 machines now, with more to soon
follow. it has been incredibly stable as of late, due mostly to mycroft's
work on integrating 4.4-Lite and various other sundry tasks, and herb's
work at building a bootstrap release.

you can get herb's binaries and root image from the mirror on
ftp.CSOS.ORST.EDU:/pub/NetBSD/NetBSD-current/arch/hp300, among others.

you're going to have trouble getting it onto the disk, if that's your
only one...

-------------------// jason downs // downsj@CSOS.ORST.EDU //------------------
		  http://www.CSOS.ORST.EDU/downsj/index.html
		       have you fed your sysadmin today?