Subject: Re: boot() problems..
To: None <mycroft@gnu.ai.mit.edu>
From: jason downs <downsj@CSOS.ORST.EDU>
List: port-hp300
Date: 07/16/1994 07:00:12
In message <9407161331.AA17037@goldman.gnu.ai.mit.edu>,
	mycroft@gnu.ai.mit.edu writes:
>   i'm having problems with reboot not syncing the disk, and am
>   attempting to track it down.
>`I don't believe you.'  The real problem you're having is that it's not
>printing the messages.  In fact, it syncs just fine.

oh, yes, this must be why i have untold amounts of file system corruption
since the kernel from the 10th. unknown as to why, but not syncing would
certainly cause this.

>And in fact, what you did above works fine too.  If you type `c' it will
>continue and reboot.  Well, whaddaya know!  It actually entered the
>debugger!

it would be helpful if you could *see* the output from the debugger, which
was my question-- and you didn't answer it.

-------------------// jason downs // downsj@CSOS.ORST.EDU //------------------
		  http://www.CSOS.ORST.EDU/downsj/index.html
      "what i used to think was me is just a fading memory..." -- NiN/PHM